During these HOT months of summer your lawn will get overheated and stressed. Properly caring for your lawn can help ensure it stays healthy and intact.
Water Early in the Day
- This helps ensure all of the water doesn’t evaporate in the heat
- Watering at night isn’t ideal because the water will sit on the grass, making it more susceptible to mold and fungi.
- Avoid mowing on extremely HOT days. It will be more stressed on these hotter days and more likely to be damaged.
- Keep your blades sharp. When mowing with a sharp blade, the grass will “heal” faster than if the blade is dull.
The “One-Third” Rule
Never remove more than “one-third” of the grass height at a time.
- Beneficial for keeping your lawn cooler and healthy plant tissue.