Spring clean up
- Clean off any algae or debris on the rocks using a brush and garden hose.
- Connect the pump and check valve to the flexible PVC pipe location in the vault at the bottom of the water feature.
- Make sure the vault is at the appropriate water level, meaning the pump should be fully submersed in the water.
If the water level should be low, place a garden hose in the vault and fill to the appropriate level.
- Plug the pump in and enjoy.
- Always make sure to check the water level in the vault, evaporation during warmer weather can cause water loss. Installation of an automatic fill valve will help keep a consistent water level.
- Algae may appear on the rocks after awhile. If this occurs, simply turn the pump off and scrub off the algae with a brush and garden hose or add bacterial water treatment to oxidize and break down the algae.
Fall preparation and winterization
- Disconnect check valve and remove both the pump and check valve. Store pump and check valve in a place where they are not subject to freeze.
- Water can be left in the basin as the system is designed to freeze and thaw.